Version 15.5 the new Pet System is introduced in metin. With this system we can hatch, evolve and feed new pets. The system is independant from the old pets. There are so far 6 different pets on the new system:
To get a Pet, first you need to obtain the eggs
- The eggs have 7 day duration and will disapear after the time expires, the eggs can be used to hatch a new pet or to feed already hatched pets.
When you click with the right mouse button on a Egg, a new window will open called "Incubator" where you can chose your pet name.
This will cost you 100.000 yang.
Pet names need to have between 4 and 20 characters.
Pet names are not unique (several pets can have the same name)
If you do not input a name, a default one will be assigned.
Game rules apply as usual when choosing pet name
Pet User Interface
To access pet user interface you can press "P" on your keyboard, while pet is active, or you can press the button between the "4" and "F1" shortcuts, in this case 2 buttons will appear, one for the alchemy system and the other to the new Pet User Interface.
- Icon: Top left, shows the icon of the seal.
- Identify Pet Button: Top left, allows you to see what pet type the summoned pet is.
- 1st Line: Shows Pet Stage (Young, Wild, Valiant, Heroic)
- 2nd Line: Pet Name
- Level: Shows pet current level (pets can reach owner's maximum level (1-105).
- Experience: Shows the ammoutn of experience the pet has.
- Age: Shows how old the pet is.
- Duration: The red bar chows how much time the pet as left, it refills when pet is feeded.
- Feed: Button that opens the feeding window.
- Evolve: Button that opens the evolve window.
- Item EXP: Button that opens the window that allows pet to consume gear in order to fill the last 10% EXP of each level.
- Bonuses: Bonus given by pet when active.
- Skill: Pets can have up to 3 skills, these are only unlocked in the last Valiant Stage
- Tabs: Red tab is the normal pet interface, blue tab is the Enchant Pet UI
- Pet duration can be consulted in the red bar visible on pet interface, or on mouse over on the pet seal.
*Pet duration is random and is set when hatching the pet.
- Pet duration cannot be increased, it can however be refilled by feeding the pet.
- Normal pets duration is from 1 to 14 days. Meley pet can have 48 days duration.
Note: Real time, not play time
When clicking the button Feed on the Pet User Interface the feeding window will appear
- All Eggs and pets (live and dead) can be used as food for your pet.
- When feeding with eggs and pets, the duration of your pet will be refilled 3% to 5%.
- Feeding your pet with Protein Snack will refill your pet duration to 100%.
When the duration of a pet expires, it will die.
- Using Protein Snack the pet will be revived with 50% of it's duration refilled.
- If a pet is revived he will keep his bonuses and skills, but his age will be reseted.
Leveling and EXP
- Pet can reach the same level as the player, to a maximum of 105 at the moment.
- If the pet is higher level than the player it cannot be activated but it can be kept on inventory anyway.
- Each time the pet reaches a certain point of exp (22.5, 45, 67.5, 90% and 100%) you will see an effect, similar to when players are leveling.
- On each level you are required to fill 4 red balls, 90%, by killing mobs, and the final blue ball, by sacrificing items to fill the remaining last 10%.
- The ammount of Item EXP obtained from each item varies according to the NPC price of each item.
- You can fill the blue balls before the red are complete, exceding Item EXP will be stored for the next level.
- Pet needs to be active to collect EXP from the mobs it's owner is killing
- Pet can loose EXP uppon death of the player. (Needs confirmation).
Stages and evolving
While leveling your pet, at certain key points the pet can evolve to a different stage, the requirements are as follow:
|Young||1-40||No requirements - all freshly hatched eggs|
|Wild||41-80|| Young Pet Level 40, full EXP|
10x Young Pet Book, 10x Spider Egg Sack, 10x White Hairband+, 10x Shiriken, 10x Ornamental Hairpin, 5x Black Uniform+, 5x Piece of Ice+
|Valiant||81+|| Wild Pet Level 80, full EXP|
10x Wild Pet Book, 2x Blood-Red Pearl, 10x Face Cream, 10x Yeti Fur+, 10x Ornament, 10x Ball, 5x Curse Book+
|Heroic||81+||Valiant Pet level 81+ and 30+ Days Old|
10xValiant Pet Book, 10x Unknown Medicine+, 2x White Pearl, 2x Blue Pearl, 10x Demon's Keepsake+, 10x Orc Tooth+, 5x Blue Belt
Stats progression - Pet Types
- There are 8 pet types. Note that type 7 and 8 can only be obtained using Enchant Pet
|Pet Type||Level HP Each X Levels||% Increase|
You can identify your pet type by clicking the button on the top left corner of your Pet UI you need to have a Pet Destiny Orb on your inventory
Note that the type of the pet also affects the starting stats and the lifespan, but the table is made considering only the HP increase on each type
To change your pet type, open the Pet UI by pressing "P" choose the second tab on the bottom, and right click on the pet seal that you wish to change, you need to have a Enchant Pet on your inventory
Pet skils are unlock on the last stage, the number of skills unlocked is set upon hatching of the egg and can be 1, 2 or 3 skills. The skills can be active or passive.
Passive skills are always present and it's effect is displayed on top left corner with an icon. Active skills are triggered automatically on specific situations, active skills have cooldown.
You can choose the pet skills by reading the wiched Pet Skill Book.
After your pet has learned the skill, a "+" will appear in the skill, to evolve it each skill level will require Yang
Skills can be evolved up to level 20.
There are 23 different skills to chose from!
|Resistance (Warrior)||Resistance (Warrior)||Resistance to Warrior attacks (passive)|
|Resistance (Sura)||Resistance (Sura)||Resistance to Sura attacks (passive)|
|Resistance (Ninja)||Resistance (Ninja)||Resistance to Ninja attacks (passive)|
|Resistance (Shaman)||Resistance (Shaman)||Resistance to Shaman attacks (passive)|
|Resistance (Lycan)||Resistance (Lycan)||Resistance to Lycan attacks (passive)|
|Berserker||Berserker Book||Attack value increased (passive)|
|Anti-Magic||Anti-Magic Book||Reduce enemy magic resistance (passive)|
|Haste||Haste Book||Skill cooldown reduced (passive)|
|Drill||Drill Book||Increased chance of piercing hits (passive)|
|Restoration||Restoration Book||HP will be restored as soon as it drops below 20%|
|Vampirism||Vampirism Book||Leech HP from the enemy (passive)|
|Spiritualism||Spiritualism Book||Leech SP from the enemy (passive)|
|Bulwark||Bulwark Book||Physical damage is blocked (passive)|
|Reflection||Reflection Book||Damage taken is reflected back at the enemy (passive)|
|Yang Drop||Yang Drop Book||Yang drop rate is increased (passive)|
|Range||Range Book||Range of your bow is increased (passive)|
|Immortal||Immortal Book||Chance of temporary invincibility|
|Panacea||Panacea Book||Chance to remove bleeding, slow and poison effects|
|Light as a Feather||Light as a Feather Book||After learning this skill, your pet has the Feather Walk hability.|
|Eagle Eyes||Eagle Eyes Book||After learning this skill, your pet increases the EXP you gain.|
|Master Brewer||Master Brewer Book||After learning this skill, your pet increases the effectiveness of regeneration potions.|
|Monster Hunter||Monster Hunter Book||After learning this skill, your pet increases the effectiveness of strength against monsters.|
|Life Drain||Life Drain Book||After learning this skill, your pet gives you the hability to absorb HP from monsters killed.|
- For information purposes, will only be listed the values of the skills on max level 20
- Hihlighted in bold it's each pet speciality
- Please note that the level of the pet influences the skill values, therefore these are for reference purposes only with tests done on pets level 105
- Pet doesn't have HP, SP or any stat values.
- Using a Transport Box pet can be tradable for a 30 day period.
- Only one pet from this system can be used at any given time, but it can be used along with 1 pet from the old system.
- Pet cannot take any damage.
- Bonus, number of skills, pet size is generated randomly.
- Pets change size and colour when evolving stages.